The STATLOCK Stabilization Device for IAB is designed to securely attach both sheath seal and "Y" suture pads of the MAQUET Intra-Aortic Balloon Catheters to a patient's thigh when IAB therapy is indicated.
Suture Complications: Complications incurred with using suture can include the following:
- Suture wound oozing and infection
- Increased occurrence of catheter-related bloodstream infections
- Possibility of Healthcare Provider needle stick and resulting infection
Benefits of Using STATLOCK Stabilization Device
- Eliminates suture wound complications
- Increases patient comfort
- Provides proactive Healthcare Provider safety
- Reduces complications that may lead to Catheter-Related Blood Stream Infections
Standards of Practice Compliance
- CDC (2002 Guidelines) – "Sutureless securement devices can be advantageous over suture in preventing catheter-related blood stream infections (CRBSI's)."
- OSHA (2004 Fact Sheet) – "As part of their annual review of methods to reduce needle sticks, employers must review options for securing medical catheters and consider appropriate engineering and work practice controls."
- INS (2006 Guidelines) – "Whenever feasible, using a manufactured catheter stabilization device is preferred."